New Router - fast Wi-Fi ..

Reaction score
Just got a new AX router to go with an Intel Wireless-AC 9260 card. Seems to be doing as advertised...

I will be testing the next few days to see if it really matters that much. I assume it might help within my local network but ISP speed is much less.

AX Wi-Fi.JPG

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Was it remarkably different with your previous router?

Which manufacturer and model number did you end up purchasing.

Reaction score
The previous router was the same style but not an AX model. It only gave 866/866. It needs the Wi-Fi adapters to work at the faster speeds.

It may be some time, if ever, whether I can see any difference between the AC and AX versions. I do this stuff mainly for the technology. Maybe I should get back in the Insider program !! :rolleyes:

Reaction score
It seems the new router caused some problems for two of my systems which were using the Intel Wireless-AC 7260 wireless adapter. One Win 7 and one Win 10, neither could see the networks on my router until I updated the driver software, although they could see other "in the area" networks.

ASUS ROG GT-AX11000

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Wow..... that's a pretty expensive piece of kit.
Does it do anything else..... maybe brew coffee??

I've got an old TP Link Archer C9 AC1900 a far cry from the performance you're looking at but.....
It seems to support (wirelessly) a PS4 as well as streaming Hulu, both TV and Game Console are upstairs in my grandson's bedroom.
As well as all the other children and grandchildren when they visit with their assorted devices.
https://www.amazon.com/TP-Link-AC19...d=1548612402&sr=8-1&keywords=tp+link+archer+9

Since retiring, my disposable income it not quite what it used to be.

Reaction score
The router is not worth the cost regarding performance. If you were a gamer or had several kids sitting around watching streaming videos, it might be a different story.

But the technology is fun to try as well as trying to remember how the number of streams and bandwidth might effect your actual performance. This is what I am watching to see where any differences might be.

Ask a Question