PC losing connection to router irregularly

Reaction score
I have recently got a new PC an HP Omen. It connects to my plusnet router via a wired ethernet cable that goes from one side of the house to the other. The cable was installed abouit 3 months ago and I had no problem with the previous computer.
Occasionally it disconnects from the router and to get it to reconnect I have to pull out the ethernet cable from the wall socket and reinsert then it usually connects. When it doesn't connect I have a yellow triangle sing on the PC logo in the taskbar. When this happens nothing will connect wirelessly to the router either. I get message intern t may not be available.
What could be the problem?

Reaction score
I have recently got a new PC an HP Omen. It connects to my plusnet router via a wired ethernet cable that goes from one side of the house to the other. The cable was installed abouit 3 months ago and I had no problem with the previous computer.
Occasionally it disconnects from the router and to get it to reconnect I have to pull out the ethernet cable from the wall socket and reinsert then it usually connects. When it doesn't connect I have a yellow triangle sing on the PC logo in the taskbar. When this happens nothing will connect wirelessly to the router either. I get message intern t may not be available.
What could be the problem?
When the patch cable becomes disconnected or loose from one of your router's LAN ports, is there any possibility that your connection to your Internet Provider's modem via your router's WAN port is also pulling loose? (because it's odd that you lose your ability to connect wirelessly to the Internet whenever a patch cable pulls loose from your router's LAN port .. unless, again, the WAN connection between your modem and router is also being loosened at the same time somehow??)

If you don't mind me asking, why/how is the LAN patch cable (that connects your HP Omen to your router) being loosened/pulled away?

--David

Reaction score
I may have found a conflict. I have 2 ethernet sockets on the wall next to my Pc (which is located at the opposite side of the house to the router). One goes to my PC via ethernet cable the other to a wifi extender next to the dual ethernet sockets. If I have the wifi extender on and the PC loses the connection I have found switching off the wifi extender then unplugging and replugging the PC's ethernet cable from the ethernet socket cause the PC to reconnect to the router. The PC has a wifi card but I still had the problem when I disabled the wifi adapter in the PC but left the range extender on (for my phone).

Ask a Question