Losing Internet connection

Reaction score
Why do I constatnly lose my internet connection since upgrading to Windows 10? Did not have this problem with Windows 7 and Century Link. Once it is gone, cannot get it to reconnect. Keep getting a reset error message each time when running the diagnostics. If I can't resolve this soon, will be going back to Windows 7!!

Reaction score
I installed W10 twice on a W7 and W8.1 machine and uninstalled twice for the same problem you are having. The problem was not W10 in my case but Norton 360 and its firewall. I disabled the Norton firewall and am now running the Windows firewall and it solved the problem 100%-actually might be even a bit faster. I saw a similar solution for those running the Bitdefender firewall. You might try that simple solution. I actually disabled the Norton firewall BEFORE reinstalling W10. Good Luck

Reaction score
I have a similar problem. Since I updated to Windows 10 a couple of days ago, I have never enjoy my broadband internet. It keeps dropping. I have tried updating the Network driver (Broadcom Netlink (TM) Gigabit Ethernet) but Device Manager says it is working properly and is the best. Can anyone help me with a driver that works? Its frustrating when you can't browse for more than 2 minutes with continuous internet link!!

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
@Crystal Andy Try the drivers here
http://www.broadcom.com/support/ethernet-nic-netlink-57xx (15.6.0.14 Binaries 08/14/15)
They will likely be in zip (compressed) format. Download them to a new folder on your desktop then right click the file and choose extract from the context menu.
Then install the driver manually
  1. Open the Device Manager.
  2. Right click the device you wish to change the drivers for. You can select Properties > Driver > Driver Details to check you have the right device.
  3. Choose Update Driver Software.
  4. Select Browse My Computer For Driver Software.
  5. Select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
  6. Select Have disk...
  7. Select Browse..
  8. Navigate to the extracted folder and double click on the .inf file
  9. Hit OK, then Next and the driver(s) will then begin to install.

Ask a Question