Single computer randomly losing wifi internet connection

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I have a single windows 10 desktop computer and netgear usb wifi adapter that is often randomly losing wifi internet connection. All my other wireless devices stay connected just fine. This happened on two different routers, since I had moved to a new location, both using Comcast Xfinity. The things I've tried already are scanning for viruses, disabling antivirus, restarting computer and router, releasing/renewing lease, flushing dns, power cycling and making sure the power management for the network adapter is off.

I'd really like to get to the bottom of this.
Thank you for your time.

Reaction score
Last edited:
Reaction score
Have you tried changing the wireless channel in the router?

I have yes. It appears to have finally stopped now that I disabled the process that automatically switches the adapter back and forth between 2.4g and 5g speed channels. Not sure why this became a problem on it's own after a couple of years working with no issue, but I haven't had a problem since Sunday night now. Thank you for your help anyway!

Reaction score
Have you tried changing the wireless channel in the router?

I have yes. It appears to have finally stopped now that I disabled the process that automatically switches the adapter back and forth between 2.4g and 5g speed channels. Not sure why this became a problem on it's own after a couple of years working with no issue, but I haven't had a problem since Sunday night now. Thank you for your help anyway!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update: Never mind, the problem came back today. And nothing on my end changed...

Ask a Question