File Name Warning

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the Forum.

That certainly is a random error, you'd not see too often.

I'm assuming you are unable to rename or remove the file given a process is probably running in the background using it.

If you right-click on the Progam file ( the 2 kb one ) and select properties you should be able to identify the application using it, and armed with that information, you should be able to then open Task Manager, by right-clicking on the Taskbar and selecting Task Manager, then locating the application using that Progam file and right-clicking this and selecting end task.

With the task ended, you should be able to right-click on Program file and rename it to Program1 as suggested in your error message, or delete it. Alternately, you could uninstall the application that created the file in the first place, so long as you do not need that.

Regards,

Regedit32

Reaction score
I usually see a ProgramData folder just below Program Files [32-bit and 64-bit] and Program Files (x86) [64-bit only] folders. The ProgramData folder is usually Read-only and Hidden.

Reaction score
Hello, I started up my computer this morning and got this message; https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/628672189297721345/659434230459138051/image0.jpg

I ran malwarebytes and nothing came up. Ive included my C:\Windows driver to show how it looks like. The only thing Ive done was update my drivers from HP Assistant. Any help?
I recommend you boot into SAFE MODE, then delete the file as such, also is known that most Manufacture's Have been hacked - Dell, HP are the most common. Person here I uninstall all the OEM Assist programs. Many different Drivers when installed and overwrite the MS Drivers cause issues... then go to settings-->Windows Security ->scan options change to OffLine Scan set and do now... Then read what MS finds and when ask Click REMOVE or at least Quarantine.
1577385937128.png

Ask a Question