FIREWALL RULES + PORT FORWARDING

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I have a question regarding port forwarding as well as the traffic rules that need to be in place. I have 2 questions.

1) I'm using Norton suite(security+anti-virus). I have windows firewall turned off. If i set a firewall traffic rule in Norton, will that rule show up in the :Windows Defender Firewall with Advanced Security-> Inbound/Outbound Rules section? If NOT do i need to add the rule in this section also? The reason i ask is because i see some rules there that are not in Norton and vice versa.

2) In regards to port forwarding I have been unsuccessful setting this up. Below are the details of what I have done so far, but every time I go to "canyouseeme.org", it says "Error: I could not see your service on xx.x.xxx.xxx(external IP) on port (xxxxx). I'm a trying to port forward to use with qbittorrent. So far I have:

-set up static ip(ipv4), and i used dns servers 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4
-opened qbittorrent and set my port to (53xxx). I unchecked "use UPnP/NAT-PMP" , encryption mode is set to "Preferred encryption"
-i went to my router webpage and logged in(Arris). I set up port forwarding using static IP for my IP and the port(above).
-I went to norton and allowed qbittorrent, and i set up the traffic rule for this port and moved it to the very top.

With all that said I am unable to port forward. Any help will be much appreciated.

Ask a Question