SOLVED Do I have Firewall protection?

Reaction score
I am a bit confused whether I am covered with Firewall protection or not, we have had this Laptop just over a month and has Windows Defender built in and had Mcafee trial for a month, but now that is finished, we keep getting a pop up for us to sign up. But I read that Windows Defender has it built in, so looking at these images I have downloaded, would you say I am covered or not? Not understanding the difference between them.

Attachments

• windows defender advanced security firewall.PNG
    windows defender advanced security firewall.PNG
    247.5 KB · Views: 540
  • windows defender no firewall protection.PNG
    windows defender no firewall protection.PNG
    147.1 KB · Views: 534
Reaction score
If you have a third party AV software installed, Windows Defender is automatically deactivated. Uninstall McAfee (its not worth a crap anyway) and you will have a fully functioning Security center again. I for myself have no third party software installed on my Windows 10 machines and I am very happy with that. WD is more than sufficient for me and the Windows Firewall works as suppose to... no complaints so far whatsoever.

Reaction score
Note that to FULLY uninstall McAfee you have to download the uninstaller from the McAfee web site...I suspect that the end of the trial did NOT uninstall McAfee.

As soon as you do uninstall it and reboot Windows Firewall will come up

Reaction score
Thank you guys, really appreciate your help. When we bought laptop in pc world, the lady was trying to push us to buy the McAfee security, but it did say on details of laptop that windows defender covered everything, so we said no, she got right upset, went off mumbling. trying to convince us it wasn't enough. They must get bonuses for extra sales like the add-ons.

Ask a Question