Firmware update problem on asus r558uf

Reaction score
I was updating windows and while that it also download an firmware update, bt the firmware is not getting installed,it is getting stuck on a black screen after restart i waited for 1hr and nothing happened.Other updates got installed properly.But each time i'm restarting my pc it is trying to install the firmware update and getting stuck on a black screen.How do i get rid of this update?

Reaction score
I just saw another poster on the Dell site who stated a Bios update had been pushed to his system.

Bios updates, depending on your system, may take a setup while in Windows and then a reboot to complete. If your system is different, possibly you need to go into the Bios setup and select the Bios file to update. There may still be a downloaded file which needs to be extracted and placed somewhere on your system so you can find it.

If nothing else works, you may be able to download the file from the OEM on another computer and transfer it to a flash drive so it can be accessed.

I really can't believe, with all the problems the Windows update is having, that they would take a chance on throwing in a Bios update.

Reaction score
I dont want to update my bios, is there anyway I can discard that update?Because for that update I cannot even restart my laptop everytime I restart it get stuck.

Reaction score
When a Bios is being updated, all the warnings state not to mess with the machine. So if your did not take, were you able to get into Windows you might be able to stop the update.

The only other thing I could even think of is to modify the BCD store to allow it to boot normally. But even that might brick your system. Since I have not had this wonderful experience, it is hard to know the best way to get out of the situation.

Some Bios updates can be necessary. Since we are about to move to a new Win 10 build, perhaps that system has a known problem and needs to be updated.

Ask a Question