First time Black screen today.

Reaction score
Today while hunting a camp site I got a black screen and computer rebooted by itself. A little while later I signed on to mapping and got the black screen again but it restarted again and appears to be running fine now. Any suggestions to what to do or where to look for the problem. I do not have any virus program except the one with windows.

Reaction score
99% of the time issues like this are caused by a rogue driver. Have you updated your drivers recently? Have there been any Windows updates recently? What other hardware or software changes have you made recently?

You can upload your System and Application logs here if you like? They may well contain some entries that identify what's been failing. Here's how to post them...

1. Enter the command eventvwr into the Run command box. The Event Viewer will open.

2. Locate the Windows Logs folder in the left hand pane and expand it by clicking on the arrow (>) to the left of it.

3. Right-click on the Application entry and select 'Save all events as...'. Choose a folder anywhere that suits you and a filename of 'Application-forumname' (an .evtx suffix will be added automatically).

4. Right-click on the System entry and select 'Save all events as...'. Choose a folder anywhere that suits you and a filename of 'System-forumname' (an .evtx suffix will be added automatically).

5. Upload the Application-forumname.evtx and System-forumname.evtx files either directly to the forum or to the cloud with a link to them here.

Ask a Question