black screen

Reaction score
hello i have this problem going on for so long i get back screen when not gaming...like when i watch videos or browsing.i uploaded the minidump file i have no idea if dont correctly any help would be awsome!
i have done ram test,monitor firmware update,bios update chipset,disk check,cpu stress test,gpu stree test,psu test udates anything i can think of...the problem comes and goes it was ok the past three months, now it came back its happening every 3 days or so.

Attachments

• minidump.zip
    204.4 KB · Views: 59

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50)
Invalid system memory was referenced. This cannot be protected by try-except.
Typically the address is just plain bad or it is pointing at freed memory.
Arguments:
Arg1: ffffc6819fe3ef52, memory referenced.
Arg2: 0000000000000002, value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation.
Arg3: fffff80132d03be3, If non-zero, the instruction address which referenced the bad memory
address.
Arg4: 0000000000000002, (reserved)

BUGCHECK_P3: fffff80132d03be3

SYMBOL_NAME: amdkmdag+1843be3
MODULE_NAME: amdkmdag
IMAGE_NAME: amdkmdag.sys

Looks like an AMD driver (amdkmdag.sys)

Reaction score
I ve done this before installing the latest or the previous WHQL driver using ddu but the issue is always coming back. Thanks for the reply have a nice day friend.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
OK, sounds good, but....
IF the problem persists and or becomes untenable, then you might want to take some steps to address your display adapter specifically.
It's possible it may be faulty, failing, have some problematic onboard memory, etc.

I have no idea what your budget might be
AND
This is not a particularly good time to shop for GPUs but if you have that option, swapping it out for something from nvidia or perhaps removing it and relying on onboard integrated graphics (if available) for testing might be a good idea.

Reaction score
I had this problem on my old gaming PC just before my video card died. It mostly black screened while using chrome, but would occasionally do it in firefox. Youtube was the worst. Odd thing as it was fine in game for the most part. This progressively got worse over time. I eventually started experiencing random freezes and blue screens also, right before it died. This process went on for about a year or so. Hopefully that's not your issue, but it sounds very familiar.

Reaction score
y finding a card is hard now @Trouble i need to find a nvidia card to try out and @BigFeet its excactly as u describe it i could game for hours and hours no problem...watch a yt video boom no signal

Reaction score
I found a solution and its working so far...the point is why its working?i did some more digging...i disabled paging file (virtual memory) and i dont get any errors at all...that means that my C drive is failing or?I have 32gb of ram and C drive is 120 gb.Any ideas?Should i i get another ssd?Should i leave it like this? @Trouble @BigFeet

Last edited:

Ask a Question