For more than a month the Windows 10 Anniversary Updates have failed to complete

Reaction score
Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3176493) do not complete and each time I turn on the computer it advises that the updates did not complete and it removes them and advises that the updates will be loaded again later in the night. This has gone on now since early August with no visible change. What can I do to successfully load the updates?

Reaction score
Try turning off Windows defender AND any other AV products you are using. If you are using another AV then I'd turn it off, turn ON defender try the update. If it still doesn't work turn OFF defender and try If it works then I think you can safely turn your own AV back on.

Reaction score
Try turning off Windows defender AND any other AV products you are using. If you are using another AV then I'd turn it off, turn ON defender try the update. If it still doesn't work turn OFF defender and try If it works then I think you can safely turn your own AV back on.
I disabled both the AV and Windows Defender, but still no complete update of the Anniversary updates. It did update a new security update when I disabled the protection and tried to update.

Ask a Question