SOLVED Minecraft Windows 10 Edition - To use this app, you'll need a device with more features

Reaction score
I'm trying to install minecraft on my windows 10 pc and the install box is greyed out. I've seen other people post this who don't seem to meet the system requirements but as far as i can tell mines on par. I have a tablet and another computer that can run it and both have intel processors and actually have lower specs than the one im using now. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    123.7 KB · Views: 427
  • 2.png
    2.png
    63.8 KB · Views: 431
Reaction score
They all have integrated graphics cards. The screen shot is from the one im having issues with. The other two are here https://ibb.co/d2kHp59 and https://ibb.co/JmSWyYX i had to upload them since they were too big. I also realized one of the two systems ive been running on is a 32 bit system. Is it possible that im running my pc through an old vga cable?

Attachments

• 3.png
    3.png
    32.6 KB · Views: 421
Reaction score
So it is the two machines with the old display drivers that do work and the new machine with the 2019 drivers does not work?

The Dell monitor does not have a digital input? DVI or HDMI? I presume the PC does ave a digital output?
If it does, do you have a TV that you could connect to HDMI?

I wonder if the app doesn't like 1280 * 1024 ,. Can you get to 1920 * 1080 on this machine or is the display too old to do that? I am not familiar with Minecraft but I did try it but my PC has Nvidia graphics and runs 1280*1080.

Reaction score
Surprisingly yes. I honestly didnt note how old the other two were until just reading your post but those ones work.The Dell monitor is actually pretty ancient and I didnt have a dvi cable laying around for the pc so I had to use the old setup. I got a dvi to hdmi adapter and have it hooked up to my tv but ill have to test if I can download it after I get out of work here in a couple hours. I think your right about the app not liking that resolution because everything else ive played it on had a much better resolution. With the adapter I can easily hit that resolution so hopefully that will fix it. Ill update you here in a bit.

Reaction score
No dice. Even with the dvi to hdmi adapter its a no go. I even tried cranking the resolution to 1920×1080 and the computer displays it perfect but minecraft still has the grey box and wont let me put it on here.

Reaction score
I have Minecraft on one of my Notebooks with the resolution at 1280x800. This is part of the first screen after it loads, is it the same as yours?
upload_2019-1-22_20-51-10.png

Reaction score
Looks like I failed to give more about the Notebook. Minecraft came with Win10 when I Upgraded it some time ago, now on Version 1809 Build 17763.292 x64. It is a Dell Vostro 1510 hardware-limited to 4GB [think older].
upload_2019-1-23_6-55-8.png

upload_2019-1-23_6-55-54.png

Reaction score
Thanks for those screen shots it made me think of something else since its not the resolution. I just got this pc so its not fully up to date yet (work in progress). Your first screen shot says your running build 17763 (1809). This pc is no where near that yet. Its only on 10240 (1507) way behind. Notice though i have the updates going in the background and its called a "feature" update.
5.png

The Minecraft download page says i need a device with more "features" in order to be able to run it.
6.png

Thanks to your screen shots i was able to verify that my other two pcs are running build 17134(1803) so maybe thats the issue here. I wont know of course until this finishes updating but ill be back to update once i see what happens.

Reaction score
Ok I figured it out. It was too out of date. After updating the operating system itself I was able to download and install the game.

Ask a Question