Minecraft win10 edition not available on Windows 10 mobile yet?

Reaction score
I have a Microsoft Lumia 640 XL LTE running Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview

Im just wondering if anyone knows why minecraft win10 edition is not available on this device? Is it just that Minecraft and Win 10 mobile preview are not compatible yet? or is it an issue with my phone.

The message i get in the store is "To use this app you'll need a device with more features. For details see Additional info." And of coarse there is nothing in the "Additional info" section that gives me any idea why its not compatible.

The first thing i found online is that the win10 edition dose not yet support 32bit systems which would explain the issue but the very latest version added support for 32bit systems.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Im just wondering if anyone knows why minecraft win10 edition is not available on this device? Is it just that Minecraft and Win 10 mobile preview are not compatible yet? or is it an issue with my phone.
Same on my Windows 10 Phone, so it's probably not your phone.
I suspect that the version you are talking about is for Windows 10 PC and not for Windows 10 mobile.

Reaction score
I may be wrong and im sure there is a lot going on behind the scenes but the win 10 edition looks like its just Minecraft pocket edition ported to windows so i cant imagine why they wouldn't keep support for both. Also a tablet if im not mistaken is just a really big smartphone that usually comes without the built in phone. But i guess if they are going to be adding compatibility with the win 10 edition and the PE it dosnt really matter. It would just be nice to not have to buy the game a forth time... (PC, Xbox, Android and now windows)

Reaction score
Yes , in the last 5 or 6 days there new files Win 10 , Will be able to answer more as Phone in being ship at this time , I have one Frist Win 7 phones & still works but need to update , will be able to answer before end of week .

Ask a Question