SOLVED Applied Windows 10 update and my keyboard entry does not work any more

Reaction score
Cannot enter any data via keyboard after applying latest Windows 10 update. Is this some sort of Settings problem possibly related to Cortana?

Reaction score
Cannot enter any data via keyboard after applying latest Windows 10 update. Is this some sort of Settings problem possibly related to Cortana?

If your mouse or pointing device is working, right-click the Windows icon in the lower left corner, select "Device Manager", expand "Keyboards", right-click the keyboard device and select "Update Driver". Click "Browse my computer for driver software", then "Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer". If a driver is found, install it. You may need to restart your computer for the change to take effect.

Ben

Reaction score
If your mouse or pointing device is working, right-click the Windows icon in the lower left corner, select "Device Manager", expand "Keyboards", right-click the keyboard device and select "Update Driver". Click "Browse my computer for driver software", then "Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer". If a driver is found, install it. You may need to restart your computer for the change to take effect.

Ben
Unfortunately for me this problem occurs at the login screen, so I can’t get in to Windows to try your solution. Any suggestions?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Use the Ease Of Access icon on the sign in screen to restart the computer while holding down the shift key.
Use that to reboot the computer into Safe Mode
In Safe Mode open Device Manager
Expand and remove you keyboard(s) and reboot.

Ask a Question