SOLVED Playback Devices Refuse to Save Applied Enhancements.

Reaction score
In the latest version of Windows 10, the OS refuses to save any of my playback device's enhancements, which are applied under their Properties. This happened before I reinstalled Windows 10. Now I have a fresh install and the problem still persists. The drivers are updated and this happens with multiple different playback devices.

Does anyone know a fix?

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Hi lpcrierie,

can you tell us what exactly you mean by playback devices, I'm not sure if you mean a media player (software) or an attached media playback device? (hardware). o_O

Reaction score
Hi lpcrierie,

can you tell us what exactly you mean by playback devices, I'm not sure if you mean a media player (software) or an attached media playback device? (hardware). o_O

Hardware, like what you would find if you right-click the sound settings in the system tray and click "playback devices."

Reaction score
It is still a little vague, what type of media and what apps are you using?. Have you iinstalled any 3rd party software or are you using the on-board software provided by Windows?. o_O

Please take the time to provide a full description of what problems you are having with the hardware and what type it is, a DVD player or a USB stick with media on it for example!. ;)

Reaction score
It is still a little vague, what type of media and what apps are you using?. Have you iinstalled any 3rd party software or are you using the on-board software provided by Windows?. o_O

Please take the time to provide a full description of what problems you are having with the hardware and what type it is, a DVD player or a USB stick with media on it for example!. ;)

Headphone (aux) jack via monitor for a sound system and a bluetooth dongle for a pair of wireless headphones. I'm using all sorts of apps. Steam, numerous steam games, same goes for Blizzard. Firefox, iTunes, all with Nvidia's sound driver. All sound drivers are up-to-date. I tried reinstalling the drivers, I tried rebooting the system and I tried reinstalling Windows 10 completely. Tried multiple playback devices, tried multiple audio outputs and Windows 10 itself is fully up-to-date. I even tried the onboard Realtek sound driver instead of Nvidia's. It was all to no avail.This is all on a desktop computer. No DVD, Bluray or USB drives are involved.

Reaction score
Hi

open Windows Menu > Windows System > Control Panel > Sound and see if you have more than one piece of hardware showing there, it may be addressing another sound card or outlet which shouldn't be set to default?. CHECK OUT PROPERTIES AND CONFIGURE TOO!.

sound.PNG

See also:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026994/windows-fix-sound-problems

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/no-sound-7-tips-fix-audio-issues-windows-10/

I hope it helps!. :)

Reaction score
Never mind, I figured it out. Under the Advanced tab, I had Exclusive Mode options checked, which allowed applications to disable my enhancements. Also, both Enhancements and Exclusive Mode options revert to default when Nvidia driver updates are installed, which I was unaware of as well. Thank you for your help anyway.

Ask a Question