Computer Freezes during video playback in any browser

Reaction score
I have recently upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7, and have found 1 very annoying problem, any time a small video plays on a website in any browser my computer completely freezes. I cant move the mouse pres Ctrl, Alt Del. nothign works i have to hard reboot my PC. 1st i had thought it a video driver issue so have updated them but yet it still happens, i have played videos through Plex and have watched a few episodes of a show back to back and no problems it only seems to happen in a browser.

Any help much appreciated

Reaction score
Do you have al of the recent updates? Have you updated your Flash. This used to happen to me many times until I got an SSD. Sorry I cannot be of more help. You can try to disable hardware acceleration in Firefox you can find it in the advanced options in the general tab. I hope you are using Fx 42 as it was updated yesterday.

Reaction score
Yes i have all the latest windows updates and the just upgraded to Fx 42 as thought that might be causing it. but not tried the flash update as was advoiding Flash after all the security problems with it, but will give that a shot tonight when home.

Reaction score
I updated flash and java last night but still same problem, so took the bold move to backup everything and fresh install windows 10, just manged to get it all installed last night and not has chance to test yet so will try again tonight.

Reaction score
Mixed results last night, played a video on BBC site for about 10 mins and was ok, then played again and it crashed completely but was installin gother stuff at same time so not sure. and then also wathced a 16min vid on youtube and that played ok. could it be casue youtube is html5 now and not flash?

Bif

Reaction score
Just spitballing here...but allot of sites have moved to HTML5 video and my feelings are that it's still early day and growing pains abound...I know since YouTube changed that playback stutters and just isn't as smooth while streaming.

Reaction score
I know the bbc is still flash as it came up saying i needed it installed after i fresh installed Win10.

But somethign is casuign my computer to completely freeze while playing video on websites but while watching through Plex i can watch what i want for as long as i want......

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
was advoiding Flash after all the security problems with it,
Exactly.
I do not have Flash Player installed as a third party application from Adobe.
I use Internet Explorer and Chrome which both have Flash Player integrated and do not require the additional side loading of Adobe Flash Player.
I was always a big fan of Firefox but until they adopt Flash Player integration I won't be using that browser and will not ever install an Adobe Product on my computer.
Likewise Java.

Ask a Question