Since I downloaded 10 my computer is very slow, doesnt always open window, stalls freezes

Reaction score
I am finding so many things wrong it is very frustrating. I hate that it has slowed so much and sometimes the window never opens. if it does open it often freeze. I tried to play a little FB video and it started buffering. What to do? I wish I had never downloaded 10
s

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello Margaret and welcome to the forum.
There are a lot of things that go on (in stages) after the initial update to Windows 10, so......
There can be an incredible amount of Disk Activity, Memory and CPU consumption which can be observed by running Task Manager -> Processes and sorting by the various columns.

This normally subsides, given enough time Windows 10 will finish all of its' bits with respect to Windows Updates, Indexing, etc.

Alternately you always ( actually just for 30 days) have the option to return to your previous Operating System.
Settings -> Update & Security -> Recovery -> Go back to ---------

Although I would give it a fair chance and some time to sort itself out.

Reaction score
Too slow start up, Sleep cycle is worse than Shut down. IE and windows errors with Yahoo buffering. Ask Leo said to wait and do a back-up before installing Windows 10. Did I listen ? No. And forced logon is hated, and comes back.

Ask a Question