SOLVED Video playback in IE 11 and MS Edge

Reaction score
the only real problem I am having sense upgrading to win10 (from win7 home) is the first time I open a video in IE 11 or Edge the audio is fine but the video is a green blur. If I close it and reopen the video all is good. Is this happening to anyone else?

Reaction score
I have not this problem (on Surface 3 pro). It is probably a graphic card driver issue. Check if you have the latest driver for your graphic card. Also check if the drivers are compatible with Windows 10.

Reaction score
Well looks like I spoke too soon. Although it did solve the issue within IE11 and MS Edge, it drastically slowed down my system and completely messed up the graphics in my guildwars2 game so I had to uninstall it.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Ah, that's a shame to know. It may be that you'll have to wait a little while for new drivers to be released. It shouldn't be long, as they're going to have a lot of Windows 10 users to please!

Reaction score
Ah, that's a shame to know. It may be that you'll have to wait a little while for new drivers to be released. It shouldn't be long, as they're going to have a lot of Windows 10 users to please!
I've checked with AMD and there isn't an updated driver (yet) for those that upgrade from win7 to win10 with the AMD HD 6300 series display adapter as of now. They didn't happen to mention when there would be either, I hope soon. So its either wait or go buy a better PCI adapter. So I guess in a way this is solved.

Reaction score
Well I think I have a temp work around, I installed the beta link in your post again, but this time I chose to do a custom install instead of the express. I removed the check mark next to the gaming software and AMD streaming software and then continued the install. So far so good. I'll report back if I run into any other issues with it.

Ask a Question