SOLVED FPS drops then goes back up. It happens with almost every game I play

Reaction score
I've got an HP Pavilion gaming laptop with an AMD Ryzen 5600H processor running at 3.30GHz, 8 gigs of RAM (although only 7.34 gigs are usable for some reason), and a GTX 1650 graphics card. It's been running smoothly for three years, but suddenly, about 5-6 days ago, I started experiencing FPS drops in almost all of my games.

For instance, I used to play CS:GO at a steady 110-120 FPS on mid settings, but now, after a few minutes of gameplay it drops to 9-10 FPS for a few seconds before returning to normal. This same issue occurs with almost every game I play.
I've tried various methods, including resetting the PC without deleting any files, but the problem persists. How can I fix this?

Reaction score
Updating the chipset drivers from the motherboard's official website and then reinstalling the GPU drivers using DDU resolved the FPS drop issue. The system's performance stabilized, and the random FPS drops ceased.

Ask a Question