Chrome drops support for XP

Reaction score
It was recently announced that Chrome will drop support for XP and Vista. Chrome will still work on these systems, but there will be no future upgrades.

I have predicted that by the end of this month (April 2016) Chrome will replace Explorer as the world's most popular operating system.

Reaction score
Aaaaarghh!!!! You're right! I meant to say that Chrome will replace Explorer as the world's number 1 BROWSER!

Regedit32

Reaction score
Aaaaarghh!!!! You're right! I meant to say that Chrome will replace Explorer as the world's number 1 BROWSER!

You'll be hearing from Hollywood shortly for a role as Karate Kid III.

Shining that Chrome bumper for 90 minutes ought to remove any cobwebs from head :rolleyes:

Reaction score
I forced myself into Edge, and am now quite happy with it. I still keep IE on the taskbar as a backup, though
I was using Chrome, up to the Edge era, but I did notice that it seemed to be, in the task manager, a little greedy.

Reaction score
I love Edge, but had to DL, FF only use FF for a Java supported senior chat room,. tried other browsers in the past and never impressed with any.

Reaction score
Incidentally, this is old news, but Apple has discontinued support for the Windows version of Safari. It will still work, but there will be no more security updates.

Reaction score
I use FF as my main browser and IE only because i need a program that needs Active x
Edge doesn't have active x to me Edge is like a car with no engine looks o/k from the outside but needs a lot of work.;)
They shouldn't have released a browser that is far too basic.

Reaction score
Yes. That is moot point. IE is, of course, still included in Windows 10, as a full browser and, to date, there is no indication that it will be withdrawn. Not forgetting that there is an option, by a couple of clicks, to open a site with IE.
The single fact that Edge has few add-ons is, in my usage, the very point that makes it favourable (for me)

Reaction score
Google (Chrome) has also ended support for any 32 bit Linux also. It's still a far superior browser to Firefox, Edge, and IE.

Reaction score
It was recently announced that Chrome will drop support for XP and Vista. Chrome will still work on these systems, but there will be no future upgrades.

I have predicted that by the end of this month (April 2016) Chrome will replace Explorer as the world's most popular operating system.
The annoying part of that is that Chrome keeps telling you that it's no longer supporting XP. Annoying enough that I switched to Firefox.

Reaction score
I use FF as my main browser and IE only because i need a program that needs Active x
Edge doesn't have active x to me Edge is like a car with no engine looks o/k from the outside but needs a lot of work.;)
They shouldn't have released a browser that is far too basic.

Edge was released to be compatible with websites that use new technology like HTML5. IE wasn't replaced because of legacy websites and IE is better with those then Edge.

Reaction score
I was looking at some old research sites, and was surprised to learn that the fastest-dying browser over the last five years is Firefox. Five years ago, it was the primary browser of 25% of all computer. Last month, it was less than 9%.

Explorer has been a little under half of all computers for the past five years.

Last month, Edge became the fastest-growing browser, but for the past five years, it has been Chrome.

Ask a Question