SOLVED Chrome issues

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Is that the only program that you are having this problem with?
I assume you have tried rebooting the computer?
Are other browsers (Edge and Internet Explorer) working OK?

Google Chrome has a pretty good help forum, but....
On more than one occasion in the past, when I've had issues with Chrome my final solution which actually worked, after trying various remedies suggested on their forum, was to just reinstall Chrome.

Reaction score
yes, only Chrome has issues. I've removed it and re-installed it but when I attempt to open Chrome by clicking on my desktop icon nothing happens - it is as if nothing had been clicked at all. Restart of the laptop also makes no difference

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Have you checked
C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe
To see if the actual executable will open the program???

Capture.PNG

Reaction score
no. I also found new_chrome.exe with a more recent creation date. when I tried to open that it got to the point of asking if it was okay for the application to make changes. I said yes and nothing further happened. Now there's only chrome.exe left in the folder (no more new_chrome.exe) and still won't run chrome.

Reaction score
downloaded and installed chrome.exe again and appears to be working. Many thanks for your help.

Ask a Question