Chrome Issues/Crashes

Reaction score
Hi, I am not sure I picked the right category for my questions; this is my first attempt at asking yall for help.

Since I was forced into Windows 10 onto a Windows 8 I have had NOTHING but problems. After every single batch of Updates I spend hours tracking down how to correct issues. Everything from the Display being dimmed, the sound being lowered in 3 different locations on 3 separate occasions, my printer and laptop no longer "speaking" and being FORCED into a Cloud account where I had to authorize everything to SPEAK to each other all over etc etc. The main problem is that I do NOT get any "This is What's New!" Messages with the Updates so I have to Figure It Out. I don't know if this matters or not. I have heard tell that there were some versions that were not "clean."

1. Chrome will not allow me to access the Sarasota, FL county school district website for my own good. I have added it as an exception and it still will not. I needed access to this page so badly I even told Chrome to NOT Protect Me From Dangerous Websites hoping that Windows 10 would stop telling me it knows whats best for me. This is a NEW problem. I have checked every possible setting. I have uninstalled/reinstalled Chrome to no avail. This is just one example of what I am having problems with Chrome. It continuously crashes as well. I also added the School website as safe with Windows 10 itself and EDGE said No as well.

2. Since latest round of updates computer keeps crashing and Chrome keeps crashing. Computer runs extremely slow.

If you took the time to read this, Thank you.
Dorinda

Bif

Reaction score
Hi! and welcome to the forum!
I'm not certain that this will solve the issue, but often times when you have accept "third party cookies" disabled this can be the result.
To check if they are disabled follow this..

1. Open Chrome preferences click on Settings, then Show Advanced Settings.
  2. Under Privacy, click on Content Settings.
  3. Make sure "Block third-party cookies and site data" is not checked.

Reaction score
Hi Bif,
Thank you for the response. Block Third-Party Cookies and Site Data was not checked.

I have checked every single setting known to man and I cannot get onto the school website. Windows 10 STILL says it is blocking it for my own dang good. I've added it as "safe" and it still says NO.

Some of the other issues I managed to figure out. But not this one.

Best Wishes,
Dorinda

Reaction score
If it's the link Trouble posted, I have no issue accessing the website from Chrome. Do you have some security software (anti virus or firewall) that may be blocking it?

Ask a Question