Having issues with Windows Explorer...

Reaction score
Hello,

I've been running Windows 10 since the beginning of the preview. I'm currently on Windows 10 Pro 64-bit. It's been running great up until yesterday, when I began encountering a strange problem with Windows Explorer. When I try to open Windows Explorer, it just hangs and looks like it's trying to load, but never actually does.

I can remedy this by starting Task Manager and restarting Windows Explorer. This allows me to use Windows Explorer once, at which point it reverts to not loading if I were to open it again.

I've tried running /sfc scannow in Command Prompt which informed me everything is fine. If there's a fix for this that doesn't involve me having to format, that'd be lovely.

Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
One of the "bugs" I have encountered, and read, is in connection with having monitoring devices on you installation - particularly if they have been carried over in the update, from a previous OS. If this is so , in your case, try disabling the program. Then, if that does the trick, uninstall the program and try re installing in compatibility mode.

Reaction score
One of the "bugs" I have encountered, and read, is in connection with having monitoring devices on you installation - particularly if they have been carried over in the update, from a previous OS. If this is so , in your case, try disabling the program. Then, if that does the trick, uninstall the program and try re installing in compatibility mode.

Monitoring devices? Not sure what you mean. Also, this is a fresh installation - I didn't upgrade.

At first I thought my hard drive was dying, but if I use a third party file browser, I can view, interact, and move files around with no issue. It literally seems like File Explorer broke.

Reaction score
So, just to clarify, you have not installed any third party software since the original fresh installation?

Ask a Question