SOLVED HDD docking station not reading SSD

Reaction score
I recently purchased a new SSD to replace a smaller SSD for my c:\ drive on my windows 10 work station. Everything migrated nicely and I removed the older C:\ and inserted the new one. I then wanted to reformat the older SSD in case I wanted to give it to a friend. The problem is that it will not read on my external docking station. I have a 500GB "spinner" HDD that is easily recognized in the dock, but the SSD will not read. Any suggestions?

I opened Disk Management in windows 10 and it showed the drive was offline due to there being a signature collision with another disk that is online. How do I correct this issue?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks to You Tube, I found out how to fix the problem. It was a simple matter of going into disk management and right clicking the affected SSD then selecting online. Voila

Reaction score
Thanks to You Tube, I found out how to fix the problem. It was a simple matter of going into disk management and right clicking the affected SSD then selecting online. Voila

may I know what YouTube channel did you went? I have a used SSD my Computer is down, and I'm trying to open it on other computer using dock station but it wont read.

Ask a Question