HDD usage 100%

Reaction score
I have this problem, windows freezes or works slowly, I can't explain what is the problem, anyone help please?

Captureasdasdasdas.PNG

Reaction score
I've seen this problem frequently too. I have a desktop computer with an Ethernet connection to the 'net. This is what I tried this morning in hopes of solving it. I saw that Cortana was often on the list of tasks so that gave me an idea. I went into the Cortana options and just switched off all 'Interest cards' under the Notebook tab (Academic, Cortana tips, Eat & Drink, etc.). I also turned off EVERY live tile and removed them from the Start menu. No more News, Weather, Money, etc. tiles on the menu.

Maybe this is drastic but so far my computer seems happier. I upgraded from Windows 7 (Home) so I don't miss those live tiles. I might try turning a few of them back on to see what happens but my theory is that too many things were competing for live updates.

Ask a Question