Here's A Rather Odd Bug

Reaction score
I have my taskbar set to auto hide and I have NOD32 antivirus installed. When I boot or reboot the computer the taskbar will remain in the hidden position and does not unhide until the NOD32 splash screen appears and NOD32 is active. It only takes a few seconds and at that point I can hide and unhide the taskbar normally.

However, while waiting for NOD32 to load and I move the cursor to the taskbar area the cursor turns into a double pointed arrow and left clicking will cause the taskbar to unhide before NOD32 has finished loading. No idea at all what NOD32 loading has to do with the taskbar.

Another related taskbar issue. I have an EVGA GTX980 video card and an ASUS 28" 4K monitor. Everything works normally until the computer goes into sleep mode or I play Assassin's Creed Rogue. Occasionally when waking from sleep mode I get no video signal at all and have to reboot. Other times when waking from sleep or closing the game the desktop picture appears to have stretched a bit and hides the taskbar and I cannot get it to appear until I reboot which returns everything to it's normal state. I haven't figured out yet if the problem relates to the video card of a monitor setting.

Reaction score
What model 980 do you have and what drivers are installed?
If your drivers are newer than 350.12, try reverting back to them. (clean install) I've been reading about issues with the newer drivers.

Reaction score
It's an EVGA GTX980 and the 352.84 driver that is shown as a Windows 10 driver. I had to reinstall Assassin's Creed this afternoon since a clean install of Win10 killed a couple of files even though the game is installed on another drive. I just finished playing and wouldn't ya know it the taskbar is behaving normally. Haven't seen sleep mode yet so I'll have to wait for that.

Ask a Question