Here's a weird one

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
I just came back from watching the football games (NFL)....woke my PC, got on fb for 10 or so minutes.....then opened up steam. clicking on L4D2 and PC just turned off. WTF....so it booted back up. No BSOD error message of any kind and no error message of something went wrong. Let PC fully boot up open up steam and select L4D2 to play and now it says it's uninstalled. So I'm now in the process of installing the game again.

This is a first for me.....ever and I've never, ever heard of anything like it before. Any suggestions.....all are welcome.

Reaction score
Bassfisher Just a thought would Storage Sense be turned ON. It may have no connection to your OP, but I know it will delete files, temp files and items in download folder older than 30 days.
affraid.gif

Reaction score
Did you look in the steam apps folder to see if the files were still there?

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Did you look in the steam apps folder to see if the files were still there?
That's the weird part.....upon doing the reinstall. I see a new "wording" with downloading the files that I've not seen before. Something to the effect of "rediscovering files something something" and it took way longer than an actual install.

Since the reinstall and a reboot.....all seems to be normal.

Reaction score
Maybe it was a reinstall/repair? The old files were most likely still on file?

Reaction score
Hi,

I had the same experience while I was on the version 1607, but it was with RevoUninstaller, the program disappeared and was nowhere to be found !!! o_O

On a other Forum, I told the story and nobody believed it !

Just like you, no BSOD, no errors, I had to download RevoUninstaller, but I had not gotten weird messages like you did.

And everything was back to normal !??? o_O

Bye ;)

Reaction score
Hi,

At the time, I didn't :p

Now I'm on the version 1709 that came from a clean install of the 1703

Bye ;)

Ask a Question