Here's Yet Another Little Oddity

Reaction score
Needed to run a couple of errands so left computer to go into its sleep mode. When I got back I tapped the space key to wake the CPU and, as is not unusual, had no screen images, just a black screen staring at me. I think this is a driver problem with my new video card and a reboot sets things right.

I rebooted and got a blue screen that said BCD was broken and needed to be repaired. File: \boot\bcd Error code 0xc000014c. I had reinstalled Paint Shop Pro this morning and figured that was what broke the bcd. Put in my .iso disk and rebooted to get to the repair option. Ran repair and after seeing the "diagnosing" process got a message that Windows was unable to repair the problem and the usual contact your administrator recommendation. Before installing Paint Shop I did a system backup with my Todo backup program and decided to restore from it. Rebooted to get power to the optical drive and lo and behold the computer booted normally. For some reason my Windows Live Mail program was open and I posted a reply to a thread I was watching and got the messages about posting when you first install WLM. It appears that something was reset to indicate it was my first post. Checked update history and no updates have been installed today. Build 10130 is doing some strange things.

Ask a Question