High system idol process taking up cpu causing computer to run slow and and freeze programs

Reaction score
Please do not tell me its a good thing and its only high when the computer is not doing anything. It actually takes up less cpu when idoling. When I try to run some programs it freezes up and the program window fades and says "not responding" at the top and when I go to task manager>details system idol process is running in the 70-80 range. My computer is a Asus notebook and it's a little over a year old. Its been doing this ever since I upgraded to windows 10 and i can't find anything googling other forums so I finally decided to make my own thread.

Reaction score
Actually when this happens my disk usage on the processes part of task manager says disk usage is at %100 and my cpu jumps to about %80 sometimes. So maybe it's not the initial problem I thought it was.

Ask a Question