System and Compressed memory high disk usage

Reaction score
Hi, I have this problem where the System and Compressed Memory goes up to 99% when I am playing games. This doesn't happen when surfing the net or anything, for some reason it only happens when I am gaming. When it goes 99% my game lags like hell, but when it died down, my game runs pretty smoothly. But sometimes it wont die down, and the lag is intolerable.

I have also searched the net about System and Compressed memory, but all I can see is about memory usage and CPU usage. Is there a way to disable this ?

BTW: It's not with my specs, I have been playing Battlefield 4 for years and no lag, actually having FPS @ 80+ at my current settings.

CPU : Intel Core i5 3470
RAM : 4GB Kingston
GPU : Nvidia GTX 750 2GB
HDD : WD 1TB blue caviar (?) (it's sticker is blue)

Reaction score
I suppose I would ask where you are seeing the 99% number you mention. Since I am not sure what you mean by "compressed memory" maybe knowing what you are looking at could help.

Are you running a x64 system?

Maybe when we can see what you are seeing it will clear things up but saying because you have done something may not be relevant with an OS change. Your memory may be handled differently. The hard drive may be having read/write problems. What percentage of space is left on the drive?

Reaction score
Hi,

It is caused by the latest Nvidia drivers. Uninstall them, your lag will disappear. That means you will default to the Nvidia drivers which come with Win10. I am trying to figure out how far back I have to go before I can get working Nvidia drivers. I had the same issue just occur today. Installed the Mar 28 2016 drivers, games were super-laggy. FPS went from 1 to 183 and back to 2, then 99, then 2.... Impossible to play. I tried a bunch of things to fix it, finally I just uninstalled the Nvidia drivers. That worked, am back up to my usual 60+ FPS on a GTX 570.

Another poster suggested this appeared after the "Tomb Raider-ready drivers" from Nvidia first appeared, which would make them from Nov 2015 or so. I'll try an Oct 2015 set and see what happens.

Reaction score
Hi, I have this problem where the System and Compressed Memory goes up to 99% when I am playing games. This doesn't happen when surfing the net or anything, for some reason it only happens when I am gaming. When it goes 99% my game lags like hell, but when it died down, my game runs pretty smoothly. But sometimes it wont die down, and the lag is intolerable.

I have also searched the net about System and Compressed memory, but all I can see is about memory usage and CPU usage. Is there a way to disable this ?

BTW: It's not with my specs, I have been playing Battlefield 4 for years and no lag, actually having FPS @ 80+ at my current settings.

CPU : Intel Core i5 3470
RAM : 4GB Kingston
GPU : Nvidia GTX 750 2GB
HDD : WD 1TB blue caviar (?) (it's sticker is blue)

Hi there.

Same system (With ATI VGA) same issue,

now trying to disable the drivers

Ask a Question