System and compressed memory using crazy high CPU

Reaction score
This is really off the wall. "System and compressed memory" process is hogging up a tremendous amount of CPU usage. I cannot seem to fix this issue and have yet to see a real fix for it. My computer is a desktop and all Sleep and Hibernate features are basically off. Drivers are all updated. Sometime a few other processes jump and a couple of time the CPU was at 96%. But that was for a second or two. This is consistent. It will easily go to 46% but, normally stays in low 30s.
Please, anyone have a real fix for this? I am completely lost.
I have an ASUS Desktop - Intel Core i5-6400 CPU @2.70 GHz 2.71GHz, currently 8.0 GB - Running a SSD C: Drive.

upload_2016-2-8_17-33-33.png

Reaction score
Has anyone ever solved this issue? None of the "solutions" I've read have worked for me. The process "System and compressed memory" uses between 20 & 50 percent of my CPU.

Reaction score
What antivirus program are you running and when did you last clear Chrome cache and cookies?

Reaction score
Try control panel / security and maintenance / maintenance / auto maintenance and see if that helps

Reaction score
2 years and no solved post the fault can still be applicable today this is a suggest solution which worked on my machine 2 -3 days ago.
Try control panel / security and maintenance / maintenance / auto maintenance and see if that helps

Reaction score
Maybe, but resurrecting old threads is spam. Also when this thread was created everyone was running the anniversary update. It easier and more helpful if someone starts a new thread.

Ask a Question