Date: 30/10/2016 10:24:40
Event ID: 7024
Task Category: None
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: Dale-PC1
Description:
The HomeGroupListener service terminated with the following service-specific error:
There are no more endpoints available from the endpoint mapper.

I have tried running troubleshooter on Homegroups but no errors found.

Any ideas, please

Dale

Reaction score
Could you tell us a little about your Homegroup configuration? How many systems and what OSes, which system is master, etc.?

One thing you might try is to leave the homegroup on all systems and set it up again. Perhaps a recent update and changed some file so the system needs to be reset. There may be some service which has shutdown and needs to be restarted or repaired. There is an RPC Endpoint Mapper you might check in services just to see what its status is.. Mine shows running and automatic.

Reaction score
Have you by chance checked the event viewer?
I just set up a home group last week for the sole purpose of MS updates. I saves me hundreds of MB data bandwidth. My RPC Endpoint Mapper is also running and set for automatic. Downloading updates from My PC worked great. Thanks MS!

Reaction score
Could you tell us a little about your Homegroup configuration? How many systems and what OSes, which system is master, etc.?

One thing you might try is to leave the homegroup on all systems and set it up again. Perhaps a recent update and changed some file so the system needs to be reset. There may be some service which has shutdown and needs to be restarted or repaired. There is an RPC Endpoint Mapper you might check in services just to see what its status is.. Mine shows running and automatic.

HI Guys
I have a very very small network

Main PC Dale1 It Win 10 Pro my daily driver
PC Dale Win 10 Pro

Server WHS 2011

THe RPC was running and set to Automatic

Last edited:
Reaction score
Have you by chance checked the event viewer?
I just set up a home group last week for the sole purpose of MS updates. I saves me hundreds of MB data bandwidth. My RPC Endpoint Mapper is also running and set for automatic. Downloading updates from My PC worked great. Thanks MS!
The details above are from my Event Viewer you have confused re updates

Reaction score
You don't mention if you have checked in Services "RPC" make sure it's set for Automatic and not delayed start.

Reaction score
I just set up a home group last week for the sole purpose of MS updates.
You do realize you don't need a Homegroup to share update downloads... ;)

Dale, you could try running a System File Check to see if it shows any problems, maybe something got corrupted.

Reaction score
Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

Dale, you could try running a System File Check to see if it shows any problems, maybe something got corrupted.[/QUOTE]

Ask a Question