How to burn a label directly onto CD?

Reaction score
Although I have burned a label directly onto a CD using Windows 7, I cannot find the program in Windows 10. In the past, I used Lightscribe when it was installed on an old computer, but with the last two laptops, I have used a Microsoft app which I now cannot find. I suspect it is somewhere in the Cyberlink files, but so far, I have not found it. I would rather not download Lightscribe if the capability to burn the label is contained within Microsoft supplied software. And I do know that CD's must be capable of being burned.

Reaction score
Although I have burned a label directly onto a CD using Windows 7, I cannot find the program in Windows 10. In the past, I used Lightscribe when it was installed on an old computer, but with the last two laptops, I have used a Microsoft app which I now cannot find. I suspect it is somewhere in the Cyberlink files, but so far, I have not found it. I would rather not download Lightscribe if the capability to burn the label is contained within Microsoft supplied software. And I do know that CD's must be capable of being burned.
The Lightscribe software I have used came either with a HP DVD Burner package [not OEM] or with an HP Notebook. In addition to the white discs there also were dull gold CDs and DVDs that were packaged with a burning app but I never found it quite good enough, didn't burn the label in an outstanding manner, too hard to read in dim light. I have some Verbatim discs that can be used with Lightscribe, might check here for software: https://duckduckgo.com/?q=verbatim+lightscribe+software+download&t=hb&ia=web. Avery/Dennison may still have stick-on labeling available.
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=cd+label+software&t=hb&ia=products

Reaction score
I used to do Lightscribe labels years ago but unfortunately the labels did not last. Fortunately for me my Canon printer can do print directly on cd's/dvd's which make a really nice looking label.

Reaction score
I wasn't thinking of printers but some Epson and Brother have functions, maybe consumer versions of HP Deskjets or PhotoSmart printers. My HP Officejet 8600 doesn't have the adapter.

Reaction score
Well,my printer originally did not have the function but had the tray for printing cd/dvd. I just had to convince the printer that it is not a US-printer but a European printer. that worked. In USA it is a double sided sword as cd/dvd printing can be used for copyright infringement....

Ask a Question