How to move/merge multiple recovery partitions? (they are non-continuous)

Reaction score
I want to resize my local disk but my windows recovery partition is in between my C drive and my local disk. I also have a second recovery partition. I think a windows update is the reason for two recovery partitions.
diskp1.png

This is my current disk partition^^^^

I ran reagentc /info and found out that windows is using Partition 4 as a recovery partition. I'm really new to this and I'm afraid of making a rash decision and messing my windows. I'm sceptical about deleting the old partition (ie partition 6) so, I thought I could delete my E drive and then move recovery partition 4 to the end.

diskp2.png

So I have some questions regarding this and it would be really great if someone helped me out...
Should I just proceed like the second picture?
  1. Will moving the disk partition 4 mess up the windows recovery configurations?
  2. Is it a good idea to merge the two recovery partitions after moving it?
  3. Is there any other possible solution?
  4. Is there any good tool to conduct such changes safely?
    Thanks in advance :)

Reaction score
1. answer is YES
2. answer is NO
3. answer is NO
4. Answer is NO
that is the normal config for almost all Systems.
a few will not have the last recovery partition
here is my system partitions
1591996481177.png

Reaction score
1. answer is YES
2. answer is NO
3. answer is NO
4. Answer is NO
that is the normal config for almost all Systems.
a few will not have the last recovery partition
here is my system partitions
View attachment 11899

But I want to increase the size of my E drive. So I thought I could move my recovery partitions like the second picture. Is there any other solution you'd suggest?

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Question for both: Why do you have unallocated partitions? You can't use them in that state. Allocate and either merge or assign a drive letter to them.

Ask a Question