How can I remove a network location-win10

Reaction score
In file explorer under network I have a computer listed(dell518) that I no longer have. Would like to remove... right click doesn't show option to delete/remove.

thanks

Regedit32

Reaction score
You should be able to right-click and select Disconnect, but failing that take a note of the Drive Letter assigned to the Dell518 then:
  • Type cmd into Cortana search field and press Enter
  • At the command prompt type the following:

Code:
    net use X: /delete

Note: Replace X with the drive letter associated with your Dell518

Press Enter to execute the command. You'll get a confirmation whether it successfully completed.

Regards,

Regedit32

Reaction score
There isn't any drive letters only...
Photo attached

Attachments

• IMG_3472.jpg
    IMG_3472.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 177

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hmm.

If you type regedit into the Cortana search field and press Enter to open the Registry Editor, do you see your Dell 518 listed at this location?

On the left pane expand the hives to this location:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MountPoints2

On the left pane double-left-click on MountPoints2 to expand. If you see the Dell 518 listed as a sub-directory of the MountPoints2 hive, right-click on it and select Delete, then close Registry Editor, and restart computer.

Reaction score
this is not from Windows 10 but your router instead. I have several PC's show up in the Network list that either have been renamed or no longer valid. Usually a restart of the router clears the Network cache there and the list will be rebuild with the actual PC's connected to it.
Has always worked for me.

Reaction score
I usually change login for MS Account to Local Admin. and then do not select sharing.... reboot, then reboot and signin with MS Account and all the Shares on Network are gone. (except my Computer)
when i have full network sharing on I have 2 desktops and 2 Tablets) current is only My Computer.
1577476135702.png
next full access show only my TV (Living Room) that current i am sharing movies on. My Router, and Wireless Printer.
1577476225267.png
turn off Printer and it is gone, remove Media Sharing and LivingRoom (TV) is gone that leaves me with my 5G Router

Ask a Question