SOLVED How Can I Either Disassociate My Photos and Memes From Paint, Or Remove Paint Totally From Computer

Reaction score
I have a desktop Windows 10 Dell computer which I love. But somehow my son, while sending me a photo, also connected all my memes and photos that I might click on to share or move with Paint. I have tried the usual ways that the computer can do either or both, and I've tried suggestions from Google. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thank you.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Images can come any many formats (file extensions) generally the most popular two currently are .jpg and .png, so......
Off you go to
Settings -> Apps -> Default Apps (left column)
Scroll down a bit if necessary and select the faint grey link that says "Choose default apps by file type"
Then scroll as needed (they're listed alphabetically) until you find the file extensions mentioned above OR the file extension associated with your particular images.
Click the associated handler (in your case presently "Paint") a list of other programs available should pop up and allow you to change to your preferred program.

Last edited:

Ask a Question