How to permanently delete default User Profile Folders?

Reaction score
I can't figure out how to permanently delete a bunch of folders Windows 10 creates for each user profile.

I basically would like to clean this up and only leave active: Desktop / Downloads / Dropbox

1599853041113.png

I was able to clean up the Windows Explorer using the Registry Shortcuts to disable them, but once I go to users, it is a cluster*uck of folders I don't need there.

1599853224813.png

Any pointers would be highly appreciated.

TIA!

Reaction score
Reaction score
You can try removing those folders from startup cmd. Let me know if this method works.
First, open Start and click Restart while holding "Shift" button.
After "Choose an option" screen appears, navitage: Troubleshoot>Advanced options>Command prompt and click Restart when it asks. After PC restarts and cmd thingy asks for your password, enter it and cmd comes up.

Type in order:
cd /d C:\Users\{your user name comes here}\
Rmdir /S "{the folder you want to delete (e.g videos) and with quotes, don't forget these quotes.}"

Apply this method for all the folders you want to delete.

Example:

cd /d C:\Users\Old_Skewler\
Rmdir /S "Videos"

Reaction score
Steps to delete default user profile-
  1. Press Win + R on the keyboard. The Run dialog will appear on the screen.
  2. Type the following into the text box and press Enter.
  3. Advanced System Properties will open. There, click on the Settings button in the User Profiles section
  4. In the User Profiles window, select the Default profile of the user account and click the Delete button
  5. Confirm the request, and the profile of the user account will now be deleted.

Ask a Question