SOLVED How to use Google search and Internet Explore as default in W10

Reaction score
Hello,
I just got new computer with WIN10. Before that I use win7. I want to set Internet Explore and Google search as my default to use on the internet. Can I do that and how to set it up. Thank you for your answers.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello Franky and welcome to the forum.
Right click the start button and choose Control Panel
Change the drop down in the top right "View by:" from Category to Small Icons
Select Default Programs icon
Select Set your default programs link
Select Internet Explorer from the left column
Select Set this program as default link near the bottom.

Reaction score
OK first Open IE then click on the gear in the upper right hand corner, choose mange Add-ons then click on the Find More Search providers then see image two and select Google. You can delete Bing if you wish
sssss.PNG
sss.PNG

Reaction score
That's odd! Which OS edition are you using, Gideom.?
My pop up is totally different to yours!

Capture.PNG

Reaction score
Hello,
I just got new computer with WIN10. Before that I use win7. I want to set Internet Explore and Google search as my default to use on the internet. Can I do that and how to set it up. Thank you for your answers.

As a computer teacher for Hernando Computer Club here in Florida, I advise my students to get used to Edge or use another browser. Internet Explorer will eventually be removed from Windows 10. When? No idea. It was only included until Microsoft worked the rough stuff out of Edge, but it will be history sometime. I've been taking a wild guess that it will probably be removed when SR-1 (equivalent to what we called service packs) comes out next year.

Reaction score
Hello,

Reaction score
The thread is solved, but, to clarify for other readers:

As a computer teacher for Hernando Computer Club here in Florida, I advise my students to get used to Edge or use another browser. Internet Explorer will eventually be removed from Windows 10. When? No idea. It was only included until Microsoft worked the rough stuff out of Edge, but it will be history sometime. I've been taking a wild guess that it will probably be removed when SR-1 (equivalent to what we called service packs) comes out next year.

Have you any link to an official statement , concerning that, or is it your own opinion? I have read numerous third party comments on the subject, but nothing official from MS. I do believe that Edge will be the default though, with IE as second choice. This is already prevalent in Windows 10. IE is still, for good or bad, the second most used Browser internationally. I don't think it would be in MS's favour to drop it entirely.

I doubt it. IE offers competition to other full browsers, such as FF Opera etc. It has options which power users prefer to select. Edge is in competition with browsers such as Chrome, a quite different concept. It is alleged to be a speedier way of browsing, without the frills, Unfortunately, the available add ons for such "short" browsers are increasing rapidly. Hang these on and you are slowing things down to the pace of a full browser.

Last edited:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I haven't seen any recent information out of Redmond with respect to Internet Explorer be relegated to Abandonware.
I remember way back when Edge was still being called "Spartan" there were some discussions of forking the "Trident" page rendering engine into a separate branch for "Spartan" to keep it lightweight and fast, while maintaining the original Trident branch for I.E. to keep compatibility for legacy websites.
With the internet, being what it is, I suspect that I.E. will be around for a long time to come

Reaction score
Possible. I am not familiar with it. I cant see it affecting the graphical presentation anywhere though??

Anyway. I'll leave it as an unsolved mystery, and allow this thread to RIP

Ask a Question