SOLVED I can't install the Windows 10 20H2 and other updates.

Reaction score
Hello.

When I try to Install the Updates it says Pending download on Windoes 10 20H2 and on the rest of updates Pending install. When I press Download nothing happends. I tried those commands to run in Command Promt (

net stop wuauserv
net stop cryptSvc
net stop bits
net stop msiserver
Ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
Ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 Catroot2.old
net start wuauserv
net start cryptSvc
net start bits
net start msiserver

) but it didn't help.

I also tried to use Windows 10 Update Assistan but it said "What needs your attention" and under it said to unninstall Virtual Box BUT I didn't had installed it never in my life. I searched the file (Virtual Box) in my PC so I can delete it if I installed it without my consciousness or by mistake but it wasn't there.

I have Windows 10 1909 at the moment. What can I do ?
SettingsUpdate.PNG

Edit: I tried to install and it worked but now is on Status: Installing and it is stuck at 35% and also the windows 10 update opened it self with "What needs your attention - VirtualBox".
SettingsUpdate1.PNG

SettingsUpdate2.PNG

Reaction score
Make sure to run disk cleanup once you are happy with everything, when it opens click system clean up and delete the old os

Reaction score
please goto microsoft's website and run the update directly from there, option one is too upgrade now.

option two on this page is too create media - please create windows 10 media on a usb key if option one fails, plug in the usb key and run setup.exe from the usb key.

happy upgrading.

p.s. don't forget to uninstall virtual box as it is not compatible with the upgrade, you may need to re-download after upgrading if you require this app.

Reaction score
Nvm guys I got it working using this tutorial:

The new interface looks so amazing btw.
I use RESTORO. It is the best app for finding OS problems, malware, etc. Yesterday, my issue was unrepairable in NORMAL mode. RESTORO switched me to SAFE MODE and proceeded to fix everything. I swear by RESTORO.

James Denneny

Reaction score
For anyone still having this issue use this tutorial. Took me 10 minutes and works.

Ask a Question