I don't want Windows 10!

Reaction score
When Windows 10 first came out I downloaded it and installed it. My computer instantly went nuts. All I had was a flashing front page at the rate of about 2 times per second. I did everything possible (including joining this forum) to solve the problem. I talked to Microsoft, Hewlett-Packard, Comcast, and my own computer go to guy. Ultimately it came down to re-formatting my hard drive and losing a lot of music, photos, and other important data. I was able to save some things as I had saved them to an external hard drive. This all occurred last July through August. Eventually I was able to get my computer working fine again with my Windows 8.1 installation. Now, when I turn on my computer, there is an installation prompt to install Windows 10 again. There is no "button" to turn this off, so I have to reboot my computer to make it go away. A few days ago I looked at my computer and Windows 10 was in the process of installing itself on my computer. Of course it said not to turn the machine off. I immediately turned it off to stop the installation. My question is: How do I stop Microsoft from doing this and is there anybody at Microsoft that I can call who will actually be a real person and tell me how I can stop this nonsense? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks, Paul Best

Ask a Question