Windows menu, calendar/clock and notification don't pop up anymore

Reaction score
The last thing I've installed is the update KB4022716, after a couple of days I've noticed that:
  1. both the windows buttons (the one on the keyboard and the one on the windows bar) don't work
  2. if I click on the the bar's clock&calendar nothing pops up
  3. same if I click on the notification button
I use comodo firewall and I never had a problem with it, however I've found on a forum that this last update had some problem with two comodo products I don't use so I mentioned this fact. This happend in a period in which I really don't have time to search a way and solve the problem so I really hope you can help me.

I triend sfc /scannow from cmd and another "Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}" to reinstall windows apps..... no luck so far.

I'm going to uninstall KB4022716 update but I hope somebody can help me.

Bif

Reaction score
I'd first suggest uninstalling Comodo firewall, and see if this rectifies the problem before uninstalling the KB...
please post back with the results..

Reaction score
SOLVED but now I can't update anymore
Hi, I've uninstalled directly KB4022716 and now everything works fine. Years ago I've tried to uninstall comodo but doing it messed up my old pc (I was using another pc and win7 at the time) so I didn't want to risk the same problem since right now I really don't have time to try to solve pc problems.

Now I'm being asked to install KB4022725 which is the former and more troubled packet released befor KB4022716.
EDIT. I'm using wushowhide.diagcab to hide the update

Last edited:

Bif

Reaction score
As I stated in my original post, uninstall Comodo firewall as this is likely your issue...now that you uninstalled this update you must install the correct updates in succession again..
I can't imagine why uninstalling a third party firewall would cause any problems...
Uninstall Comodo
Run Ccleaner
Reboot
Run Windows Updates
Let Updates install what's needed.

Give it a go.

Reaction score
I've edited my last post. I don't wanna risk to mess up my pc as it happened in the past because I'm getting my master degree and today I've wasted 2 hours trying to figure out this issue.
Thanks anyway for your help

Ask a Question