Can KB4022716 mess up with windows menu?

Reaction score
This is the last thing I've installed in my PC, after some day I noticed that:

1. both the windows buttons (the one on the keyboard and the one on the windows bar) don't work
  2. if I click on the the bar's clock&calendar nothing pops up
  3. same if I click on the notification button
I use comodo firewall and I never had a problem with it, however I've found on a forum that this last update had some problem with two comodo products I don't use so I mentioned this fact. This happend in a period in which I really don't have time to search a way and solve the problem so I really hope you can help me.

I triend sfc /scannow from cmd and another "Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}" to reinstall windows apps..... no luck so far

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
As an experiment please try booting your computer into Safe Mode and or Safe Mode with Networking.
https://www.windows10forums.com/articles/safe-mode.3/
You can also do it from the login screen using the Shift key on your keyboard and the Power icon on the login screen.

Let it run in Safe Mode for a few minutes. Ignore any messages about "This App can't run" as some if not most UWP Apps have a problem with a Safe Mode environment.
Click around, open a couple files and after a few minutes, simply reboot the system and log on normally and let us know if that provides any relief from the problem you are experiencing.

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't and some times it seems to be only a temporary fix and the problem may happen again after a week or two.

Reaction score
Hi, I've uninstalled directly KB4022716 and now everything works fine. I've read that this packet could cause problems with some "Comodo" software, and since I use comodo firewall I supposed it could be this the reason. I didn't try to uninstall comodo because years ago I've tried to do it but this messed up my old pc (I was using another pc and win7 at the time) so I didn't want to risk the same problem since right now I really don't have time to try to solve pc problems.

Now I'm being asked to install KB4022725 which is the former and more troubled packet released befor KB4022716 so using wushowhide.diagcab I hided the update. I hope this will works.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Glad you were able to resolve your issue. Thanks for updating us on your chosen solution.
using wushowhide.diagcab I hided the update. I hope this will works
I believe that it will, although I think there is a time limit on how long it will work for.... somewhere around 30 days or so, I think.

Reaction score
Windows 10's update system is awful.... I don't understand why Microsoft made impossible to choose which update install and which not. If it wasn't that I have Win10 professional I couldn't have deleted the update and I would be stuck with that problem. Windows 7 was way better!

Reaction score
Windows 10's update system is awful.... I don't understand why Microsoft made impossible to choose which update install and which not. If it wasn't that I have Win10 professional I couldn't have deleted the update and I would be stuck with that problem. Windows 7 was way better!
Well there does come a point when you have to admit defeat.
You shouldn't have to dread updates coming around and if your pc is going to turn into a paperweight. :(
I run 5 PCS some for home some for business they were all running on the free W 10.
Now only one { my spare pc} still has W 10 all the others have been upgraded back to W 7.
https://www.windows10forums.com/threads/i-have-taken-back-control.14111/
https://www.windows10forums.com/threads/i-have-taken-back-control.14111/

Reaction score
Now I'm being asked to install KB4022725 which is the former and more troubled packet released befor KB4022716 so using wushowhide.diagcab I hided the update. I hope this will works.
KB4022725 came out prior to KB4022716 and I think it might have made some change to make 2716 workable.

Since I got 2725 on 6/13, maybe you got them out of order. As far as I know, 2716 is not currently available to thee normal update process .

Ask a Question