Message that i have run out of space on this pc

Reaction score
What is going on? New computer, 1TB hard drive. I have been getting warnings for the past 30 minutes that I am out of space on this computer so something is horribly wrong. KB4462919 installed yesterday. But it was fine this morning.

Hope someone can help with this.

I just restarted to see if that would clear whatever has happened but no luck. All I was doing was playing a game of Hoyle cards.

Attachments

• storage 2.PNG
    storage 2.PNG
    286.5 KB · Views: 436
  • Properties.PNG
    Properties.PNG
    17.2 KB · Views: 437
Last edited:
Reaction score
It's not your .edb file again is it??
https://www.windows10forums.com/threads/where-has-all-my-storage-space-gone.12407/page-2#post-59915

IF not may give Ccleaner Portable a chance and see if it clears up anything.
https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner/builds

I don't know. That was on my old computer. This is a brand new Dell desktop. I wouldn't think so. I used the junk file cleaner in HiBit Uninstaller and after I did that, things went back to normal. But this still is not a normal situation. Something used up most of a 1TB hard drive in the blink of an eye. When I used that file cleaner I did notice that Chrome had over 700 MB all my itself. Just have to wait and see if this happens again I guess.

I just checked out the edb file and it is 57,344 KB at this point.

Last edited:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Reaction score
Thanks for reminding me of that WindowsDirectoryStatistics. As to the Disk Cleanup, I used that yesterday when this happened and the strange thing was, there wasn't hardly anything on it, no items of large usage. That didn't seem to make sense to me.

Reaction score
Hi Nikilet,

did you run Disk Clean twice, by that I mean that you should click on "Clean up system files" too?. ;)

Reaction score
It might depend on your partition status.
On my new computer I did a Disk Management and found out the operating system, Windows 10, was installed on the C: drive. Then all of the downloads I received quickly filled up that C: drive which is only 118 GB. I had another partition which is 1.8 TB with almost nothing on it. So I moved as much of the stuff to the huge 1.8 partition and from then on when I downloaded something, I manually put it in the large 1.8 TB partition.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    35.9 KB · Views: 438

Ask a Question