Windows message not enough space

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by huongtranbong, Jan 9, 2019.

1. huongtranbong

huongtranbong

Windows 10 keeps informing me that there is not enough space to update, can i do any thing with an external hard dive to creat more spac?

huongtranbong, Jan 9, 2019
    1. Advertisements

2. huongtranbong

Ian Administrator

You could move some of your data over to an external drive to free up some space, but it may be easier to run the Disk Clean-up tool (search for it from the start menu). This will suggest a few items that you can delete (temporary files, downloads, etc...) which will sometimes result in enough space cleaned up to do what is necessary.

I often find that clicking the "clean up system files" button within that tool can yield some good additional places to save a lot of disk space:

Capture.PNG

Ian, Jan 10, 2019
    1. Advertisements

3. huongtranbong

davehc

To Add. Right click the disk cleanup tool and run as Administrator, will also do a better job.
    But, could you send a snapshot of you disk management profile+ It is rather unusual to get such a message, unless you are REALLY topped up. There should have been an earlier warning of the problem.

davehc, Jan 10, 2019
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question