I tried to back up my files in Windows 10, the back up completed but these messages appeared

Reaction score
I tried to back up my files in Windows 10, the back up completed but these messages appeared,

Backup encountered a problem while backing up file C:\Users\defaultuser0\Contacts. Error:(STATUS_WAIT_2 (0x80070002))

Backup encountered a problem while backing up file C:\Users\defaultuser0\Searches. Error:(STATUS_WAIT_2 (0x80070002))

Backup encountered a problem while backing up file C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\Documents. Error:(STATUS_WAIT_2 (0x80070002))

Backup encountered a problem while backing up file C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\Pictures. Error:(STATUS_WAIT_2 (0x80070002))

Does this mean that the back up was invalid, if it does how do I create a valid back up?

I am 70 years of age with a basic technical knowledge of computers.

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi James

Welcome to the Forum.

Fortunately these errors you are receiving are related to a known bug in Windows 10.

The defaultuser0 is in fact a ghost user account that gets created on some computers running Windows 10, and the messages you are getting makes sense as it is indicating the system cannot find the account.

I posted how to remove the defaultuser0 in a thread a while back, which is in link below.

https://www.windows10forums.com/threads/user-profile-deletion-question.12559/#post-60804

If you remove this ghost user, I'd suggest doing the backup again afterwards to make certain you have a working backup.

Regards,

Regedit32

Ask a Question