SOLVED Strange Windows 10 Messages When I Try To Enter Data

Reaction score
I have a problem with Windows 10's creating strange messages when I try to enter data. This happens about every time I use my computer, sometimes multiple times on the same data entry. It even happened when I tried to enter data on this forum. Messages look like this:

Inspect Element

OR

Select all
Print
Inspect Element
View Source

OR

Open in new tab
Open in new window
Save target as
Copy link
Add to reading list
Ask Cortina
Inspect Element

OR

even other strange messages

I can work around these messages but it's very distracting and significantly hurts my productivity. Has anybody out there encountered and fixed this problem? THANKS for the help!

Randy

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Sounds to me like you have an input device (keyboard or mouse or touchpad gesture sensitivity) misfiring and producing random dialog boxes such as this

Capture.PNG

That's where I would start with my diagnosis, beginning with swapping or attaching alternate devices and see if you can determine what is producing the issue.
Could be a sticky keyboard key, or a malfunctioning mouse button or if you are using a laptop with a trackpad with gesture controls enabled you might try turning it off or adjusting the sensitivity whatever is applicable.

Reaction score
Trouble, THANKS for your help! Based on your advice I bought and installed a wireless mouse. It turns out I simply have to use the RIGHT click to pull up a message, then the LEFT one to reply or work on a spreadsheet. Thanks again!

Randy

Ask a Question