SOLVED Task Manager Strange Windows Symbol

Reaction score
Of late whenever I run Task Manager I see a strange green leaf symbol on some, not all tasks. Curios what it could be.
TIA!

Reaction score
My apologies for the double post. I meant to attach a snip it.

Capture.PNG

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Not exactly sure, but.....
IF you expand those with the "leaf" you'll probably notice that the subs are "suspended"
Probably some type of power saver / eco icon of something similar.

Reaction score
I did some further reading last night. One answer that I read was I have a version of 1803 (insider) that wasn't released for the general population, it was an insider version and MS suspend the app for reasons of saving power. The green symbol is the econo symbol. I have never belonged to the insider group, the 1803 version I downloaded from the catalog.

Reaction score
I was wondering what it was.
It often appears against Edge. Expanding Edge shows the symbol against suspended webpages.
Maybe this is MS's answer to all the criticism of Edge eating/leaking memory.
Another backdoor 1803 feature

Reaction score
@Trouble, you don't read your own posts?? This is from the blog related to the latest Windows Insider build.

When you hover over the leaf icon in Task Manager’s Status column, you will now see a tooltip describing what it means (this app is suspending processes to help improve system performance).

;)

Reaction score
It's MS power saving economy feature. I have to wonder were's the power savings? Why would they even show it if it's been suspended for economy. LOL

Ask a Question