KB4022716

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Don't see it here yet but it claims to fix a whole pile of stuff.
I noticed that.
A couple of which we might have seen here as problems that members were having
Addressed issue that lead to the loss of functionality on certain third-party network adapters after upgrading to Windows 10 Version 1703.
Addressed issue where the Disk Cleanup and the Storage Settings tool remove files from system32 when file paths exceed the MAX_PATH size; as a result, the machine cannot be booted.
Addressed issue with NVIDIA drivers that stop working (Error 0x9f) when the system goes to sleep. This also causes a shutdown of Microsoft Surface Hubs.
Addressed issue with failed login scenarios that occur because the device does not reconnect to the host PC.
Addressed issue where network printers may fail to install when using the printer vendor’s setup software on machines with less than 4 GB of RAM. These printers will install properly if you install using the Settings app or from Devices and Printers in Control Panel.
Just to highlight a few

Following up and reading this https://www.onmsft.com/news/microso...dates-for-all-shipping-versions-of-windows-10
It looks like no matter which version of Windows 10 you're running there's an update headed in your direction.

And yet another article on this update suggests that it is "live now" and here in the U.S., I'm getting nothing
The new cumulative update for Windows 10 is already live on Windows Update, and users running the latest version of the OS can get it right now from the Settings update.
SOURCE: https://mspoweruser.com/windows-10-gets-an-enormous-cumulative-update-heres-the-changelog/

Last edited:

Regedit32

Reaction score
My guess given the latest Cyber Attack is Microsoft may hold the update and concentrate on any critical updates first.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I was wondering if everything that is currently going on with Petya might have been having some impact on their global CDN (Content Delivery Network), but......
Last I checked, Redmond was still here in the U.S., so I would have thought that perhaps we would have still been able to get it.
AND
I don't know if Microsoft has any more patching to do with respect to SMB which is the apparent attack vector. I was under the impression that they had pretty much resolved that last time around.
Getting people to actually download and apply the patches is of course another issue.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Nope same here. Been checking regularly. Got a couple Defender updates but nothing like a Cumulative Update for the OS.

Reaction score
For all older Versions (Anniversary, November, and the initial Version) are already CU's in the catalog ready for download. Guess we'll have to wait until tomorrow....

Reaction score
My guess given the latest Cyber Attack is Microsoft may hold the update and concentrate on any critical updates first.
Funny, I was going to suggest the Cyber Attack was the Microsoft update. ;)

I have seen some folks with Killer Wireless cards having problems caused by the Killer software suite..

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Yep. Running a Killer Network adapter myself and not really to fond of their so called "Control Center" software suite.
Personally, I prefer to download the .inf file and install my driver manually through device manager, or...
Failing that the "driver only" package.
http://www.killernetworking.com/driver-downloads/category/other-downloads
I've never had any problem with that method. The suite has too much cruft.

Reaction score
Nope same here. Been checking regularly. Got a couple Defender updates but nothing like a Cumulative Update for the OS.

The only update I received was Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7 for Windows 10 Version 1607 and Windows Server 2016 for x64 (KB3186568)

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Thanks Reg......
Getting it now through the customary Windows Update

Capture3.PNG

Took them long enough

Reaction score
Smooth as silk here on all domestic and family computers. Hopefully Ms have at last got into their "comfort zone"

Reaction score
I second that. Although I did use the WU only on my main pc, all the others got updated through the downloaded file from the catalog (my work pc anyway since our DSL is slower than the snail mail).

Ask a Question