Install Failures

jpm

Reaction score
Upgrading from a licensed\activated Win 7 Ultimate install, win 10 fails at 32% (install) and 6% (Installing Features and Drivers) each time I try to upgrade.

jpm

Reaction score
Upgrading from a licensed\activated Win 7 Ultimate install to Win 10 Enterprise,, win 10 fails at 32% (install) and 6% (Installing Features and Drivers) each time I try to upgrade.

Reaction score
Were you trying to upgrade using Windows Update ?

If yes, try the following method. No guarantees, but worth a try, if you don't mind.

1. Download the media Creation Tool. Make sure you pick the correct bit version.
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
2. Run the Tool.
Select Create installation media for another PC option. That creates a Win 10 ISO.
3. Right click at the ISO > click Mount > click Setup.exe.
Installation will begin. This method allows you to keep your files, settings and apps. You can choose to "keep nothing".
This method does not require product key.

I used the same method to install my 2 laptops.

Reaction score
As far as I am aware, you cannot take advantage of the free upgrade to Enterprise, from any earlier OS, unless your are an "Active Software Assurance customers", in volume licensing.

Reaction score
As far as I am aware, you cannot take advantage of the free upgrade to Enterprise, from any earlier OS, unless your are an "Active Software Assurance customers", in volume licensing.

You are of course right.
I did not see the 2nd post by the OP, only the 1st one.
The OP's 2nd post and my reply was 8 minutes apart, and I did not see it when I started posting, and I did not pay attention after that.

To : jmp
I apologize for my useless reply.

jpm

Reaction score
I tried your method and it stopped at the same place; 32% total and 6% installing features and drivers

Ask a Question