SOLVED Intel Graphics Driver showing as not updating

Reaction score
I keep getting notifications that I have an Intel Graphics Driver for Windows [15.33] update. I have gone through the installation several times but I keep getting the notification. 2 questions: how do I tell if I really did the update and, if I did, how do I turn off the notification? And if I haven't installed the update, why is it not updating when I have run the installation several times?

Reaction score
Which program is showing that you require the update? Intel graphics drivers should be downloaded from the PC manufacturer’s website or Intel directly.

Reaction score
I think it was the HP support assistant on my computer but I can't say I remember exactly. I will shoot the answer to you tomorrow when the notice pops up again.

Reaction score
I would use the Intel driver & support assistant to check for intel updates. This will give you the latest driver which will be the more modern DCH driver. You may need to download the Intel control panel from the MS App Store as the old one doesn’t work with DCH drivers.

Reaction score
I would use the Intel driver & support assistant to check for intel updates. This will give you the latest driver which will be the more modern DCH driver. You may need to download the Intel control panel from the MS App Store as the old one doesn’t work with DCH drivers.
I went back and checked. It was
icon-dsa@2x.png

Intel® Driver & Support Assistant​

Keeps giving me the same info daily, so I download and install but next day the same thing. I like the movie, Groundhog Day, but I'm not a fan of it continuing to me.

Reaction score
After allowing it to download, are you clicking Install?
Check the graphics driver version before & after install to see if it actually updates.
The latest driver is dated 11/11/21 ver: 30.0.101.1069
If it isn’t installing then you should be able to ignore that driver Or you can use DDU to cleanly uninstall the driver then you can manually install the Intel driver:

Reaction score
After allowing it to download, are you clicking Install?
Check the graphics driver version before & after install to see if it actually updates.
The latest driver is dated 11/11/21 ver: 30.0.101.1069
If it isn’t installing then you should be able to ignore that driver Or you can use DDU to cleanly uninstall the driver then you can manually install the Intel driver:

Reaction score
This time I went to the Intel support people. Apparently the tool doesn't recognize the graphics update so it will do everything but completely install the update. Strange. More to come later but I have no clue as to why the support program doesn't recognize its own update.

Reaction score
Unless the driver was pulled for some reason but the driver updater is still showing it.
I have the Intel driver support assistant & then last driver it installed was the one I mentioned on the 11th of Nov.

Reaction score
Unless the driver was pulled for some reason but the driver updater is still showing it.
I have the Intel driver support assistant & then last driver it installed was the one I mentioned on the 11th of Nov.
my ISA shows this
  • Driver Details Update available
  • Provider Intel Corporation
  • Version 10.18.10.5161
  • Date 8/6/2020 I wish I had all the answers for now but I will wait for the Intel folks to get back to me (if they do).

Reaction score
That is an old driver if it’s dated 2020.
Which Intel graphics card do you have?
Hopefully Intel will be able to solve it. You can also cross-post your question on the Intel forum.

Reaction score
My starting point would be to ask whether you need the updated driver? Drivers really only need updating when you're either having problems with the device or you know that you need a new feature or fix that's in the updated driver, otherwise they are best left alone.

Old drivers that still work perfectly have been executed billions of times and are almost certainly bug-free. A new driver has only been executed a few thousand times and may well contain hidden bugs not yet discovered, if you didn't actually need that updated driver then all you have done by installing it is to make your system less reliable.

Research the updated driver to find out what is new in there and then decide whether you need it or not. If you do, then go into Device Manager and uninstall your Intel graphics card and driver and reboot. Windows will use a basic internal graphics driver so you will see a display. Then use the Intel Driver and Support Assistant to download and install the latest driver.

Reaction score
In the Control panel - Device manager. Right click the graphics card and select update from the web. See if it finds anything.

Other option. Settings - updates. Under optional updates, select the drivers and see if there is a more recent intel driver sitting there.

Reaction score
My starting point would be to ask whether you need the updated driver? Drivers really only need updating when you're either having problems with the device or you know that you need a new feature or fix that's in the updated driver, otherwise they are best left alone.

Old drivers that still work perfectly have been executed billions of times and are almost certainly bug-free. A new driver has only been executed a few thousand times and may well contain hidden bugs not yet discovered, if you didn't actually need that updated driver then all you have done by installing it is to make your system less reliable.

Research the updated driver to find out what is new in there and then decide whether you need it or not. If you do, then go into Device Manager and uninstall your Intel graphics card and driver and reboot. Windows will use a basic internal graphics driver so you will see a display. Then use the Intel Driver and Support Assistant to download and install the latest driver.

Reaction score
Tell you the truth, I generally let Intel select the drivers for their products. I am not what you would call a computer internist. So, when Intel says update, I usually do. Having said that, it does make some sense that if what you have is good, don’t mess with it. In this case, I keep getting notices every day to update this particular driver, which I did. But the notice keeps coming and coming and coming. I got a bit frustrated with the fact that the Intel support wasn’t working like it should so I went to Intel yesterday to ask them to explain why their program wouldn’t update their own hardware. Intel has not come back with an answer yet but I will be interested in the “why it didn’t work” answer.

Reaction score
In the Control panel - Device manager. Right click the graphics card and select update from the web. See if it finds anything.

Other option. Settings - updates. Under optional updates, select the drivers and see if there is a more recent intel driver sitting there.
There is a more recent driver, the 15.33 update, which the Intel Support program says I need to get. The update downloads, then installs and then will not complete the installation when I restart the computer. Something in the download says it doesn’t recognize the driver so it will not finish the installation. I’m letting Intel go thru this one. Much too much for my brain

Reaction score
Finally solved. Intel says the support assistant I had installed was not current and gave me incorrect information. I ended up uninstalling the Intel Support Assistant and dowloading the newer version (why it didn't do that on its own, I don't know). Once that was installed the ISA says all my current drivers from Intel are correct.

Ask a Question